Wednesday 25 November, 5:35pm
9 ways to connect with your togetherfriends (and other) friends during social distancing
Our togetherfriends members are used to connecting with each other face to face, meeting up for coffee, meals out, cinema trips, walks and day excursions. So it's a bit of a change to keep connected from a distance. But even though we can't meet up in the same way as we used to, we can still keep connected and get to know each other in other ways. Here are a few suggestions of how you can keep connected with your togetherfriends friends or start a new friendship.
- Enjoy a socially distanced walk, maybe taking a picnic or a flask of coffee to make up for the coffee/meal out you would usually enjoy.
- As well as connecting via the messaging system on the togetherfriends website, why not get to know your matches via a Skype, Zoom or Googlemeet link. You will then be able to see each other and it will feel more personal.
- Some parks and National Trust venues are opening. Take a look at the National Trust website for more information. You may need to book your visiting slot.
- Garden centres are now open - a good place to browse and share a common interest?
- Read the same book, then have your very own personal bookclub.
- Share the hobbies you are doing. Are you knitting or sewing during lockdown? Are you making scrubs or masks for care staff and the local community?
- Share recipes or cook and share a meal virtually.
- Do a quiz/crossword together.
- Plan what you would like to do together when lockdown is over.
Any other suggestions?
And if you are feeling isolated during lockdown and looking for new friends, remember that we can help. We are a female friendship site, matching women for friendship throughout the UK.