Wednesday 25 November, 5:35pm
togetherfriends.com wants to help you make new friends. We want you to develop new and fulfilling friendships that will enrich your life. Register here to find out if we have members in your area.
We are aware however that you are talking to strangers, and advise you initially to take some common sense precautions, to ensure your safety and to help you build strong and rewarding friendships at your own pace. If you find someone that you want to get in touch with, here are a few things to bear in mind:
- We recommend that you talk on line to begin with, without giving out your phone number, email address or instant messenger address straight away. Get to know your new friend gradually and only give out your details when you are satisfied that you would like to progress the friendship further.
- Be honest about yourself and if possible provide a photo. It will allow potential friends to get more idea of the type of person you are.
- Be clear about what you want to get out of togetherfriends in your profile, for example, state whether you want a friend to meet once a week for coffee, a friend to play tennis with or walk the dog with, a friend to go on holiday with or a friend to set up a business with. It will help potential friends to decide whether they want the same things as you.
- Tell us if you are not happy with the conversation you have with a potential friend. If anything causes you concern or you feel that your friend is responding inappropriately, let us know. Click on 'report a concern' and email us the details. We will then aim to sort out the issue quickly.
- Beware of scams. Although scams are very rare, you are obviously talking to people you have never met. Be careful who you give your personal details to, never send any money to a new 'friend', and if you are suspicious of anyone, report them to us. We suggest that you arrange to meet initially in a café, rather than in your own home, just to make sure that you feel comfortable with your new friend. It might also be worth telling a family member or another friend where you are going and who you are meeting.
If you bear the above rules in mind, we are sure you will have a great time finding new friends!