You are here: Home > Event Friends
Fancy a theatre trip but have no one to go with? Looking for someone to go on holiday with?
The main way of connecting our members to each other is via the one to one matching service, but togetherfriends also offers paid up members the opportunity to find companions for particular activities via our eventfriends page.
It works like this. Submit the event on this togetherfriends page and members who are interested can message you directly.
Here are our latest requests:
- Member in Bristol - Does anyone in Bristol want to meet for a cuppa tea or wine and look at some regular activities, like walks or trips out?
- Member in Chatham, Kent - Love to meet local people from Maidstone, Walderslade, Aylesford, Rochester for coffee and a chat and maybe organise some days out.
- Member in Banbury - Looking to set up a group in Banbury, Oxfordshire for meals out, theatre, walks and any other activities of interest.
- Member in Thirsk, North Yorks - I have just moved to the lovely market town of Thirsk, and would love to meet new friends for coffee and chats.
- Member in Cornwall - Looking to meet for coffee and chat in the West Cornwall area - St Ives, Penzance, Hayle. I don't drive but happy to travel locally.
- Member in Cambridge - Would any of you fancy meeting up in Cambridge for a chat over coffee or lunch?
- Member in Cheadle - Looking for friends in the Stockport, Tameside and South Manchester area. I'm a very young 63, enjoy holidays, shopping and live music
- Member in Derby - Anyone in the Derby area fancy coffee and cake?
- Member in Slough - Looking for anyone who fancies meeting up for a coffee and a chat, on a regular basis, in the Slough/Windsor area. I don’t drive but happy to travel to nearby areas so we could meet up halfway.
- Member in Croydon - I am looking to create a group who are happy to meet several times a month for weekend trips, visits to museums, arts and crafts, markets etc.
- Member in Perthshire - Anyone free to meet for a chat - walk and maybe lunch or something? - in and around Stanley - Perth
- Member in the Wirral - Anyone fancy a coffee/lunch and chat in Wirral?
- Member in Romford - I’d love to make friends in Romford and the surrounding areas for socialising, exercising, coffee, shopping etc.
- Member in Newark - Looking for local friends - preferably Newark/Lincoln areas who would like to go to Nottingham or Lincoln to concerts/shows. There are many motown/soul/musical events I would like to go to but not to travel or go on my own.
- Member in Brighton - Are there any travel companions out there who would like to holiday in Scotland for a week or so, to include some walking and view the great scenery?
- Member in Darlington/ Middlesbrough - Anyone in Darlington or Middlesbrough area free for coffee and a chat?
- Member in Bideford -Is anyone interested in playing badminton with me? I'm always on the lookout for someone who enjoys badminton as much as I do but is also totally unfit and no longer as agile as I was once upon a time.
- Member in Hull - Looking for a ladies who struggle to go out due to childcare or ladies who would love to have fun despite age. I am feeling lonely and because I moved to this country I have no family here.
We also offer togetherfriends group events for subscribed members, where local members organise regular events in a particular area.
Is there a group in your area, or would you like to host a group?
- Banbury, Oxfordshire - Looking to set up a group in Banbury, Oxfordshire for meals out, theatre, walks and any other activities of interest.
- Oldham - regular monthly get togethers planned.
- Ilkley, West Yorkshire and surrounding area – offer monthly walks with lunch/coffee.
- Chester - It would be great to get to know each other over easy going coffees, lunches & dinners:-) Please get in touch if you would like to find out more!
- York – offer monthly coffees, lunches and trips to the theatre
- Hertfordshire - coffee and cake meetups
- Sussex - regular coffee/cake/chat sessions and local walks in Mid Sussex - sometimes further afield.
- SW London and Surrey - lots planned, make contact with the host in the London requests below.
To make contact with the hosts, go to the post under the appropriate county and send a message.
If there is no group in your area, but you would be interesting in hosting one, email [email protected]
- post an eventfriends request:
1) Login to your account
2) Click on 'submit a request' on the eventfriends page
3) Write your request and submit for approval. Once approved it will appear under the appropriate county
- reply to an eventfriend request:
1) Login to your account
2) If subscribed, click on the request that interests you and type a message
3) The member making the shoutout will receive an automatic email alerting them of your message
Take a look at what is on offer in your area!
Log-in to message
Travel Shout outs Click to expand
Richmond Upon Thames
Member from Richmond Upon Thames looking for potential travel companions to expand on her networks. Preferably aged 30 plus and I would like to at least meet up first to see how we get on before embarking. I aim to go away on August Bank Holiday so it would be great to meet up before then to see how we get on.
Nationwide Click to expand
Hi all<br />
Anyone interested in art, drawing with different mediums and painting with water colours in this group?<br />
If anyone feels like a chat about art or just in general over Zoom or WhatsApp please do get in touch.<br />
Look forward to hearing from you.
East Midlands Click to expand
Derbyshire Click to expand
Hi any ladies out there in the Derby/Nottingham area who would like to meet up for drinks/chat/dog walks/lunch etc would love to hear from you
Any ladies in the Derby area looking to have a chat with a view to possibly meeting for a coffee/ drink?
East of England Click to expand
Hertfordshire Click to expand
Hi I'm new to this website & wondered if anyone would like to meet up for a coffee and chat?
Date: 5th Aug 2021
Coffee and cake - first meeting!
Redbourn (J9 M1)
10.00 - 12.00 am
Please come - garden if fine, socially distanced inside if not. Get in touch if you would like to join me.
Essex Click to expand
Hi, I would like a nice female friend age 40s in Chelmsford or near to go to events with. Halloween 30th and Christmas events. Must be outgoing ,fun, and sensible.
London Click to expand
Richmond Upon Thames
I'm from Richmond Upon Thames and I would like to meet up with people closer to my age or older (I'm 34). I would like to meet people who have a common interest in travelling (both UK and abroad), going to sights of interest such as cities, parks or markets and going on walks. If that sounds like you, don't hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Calling ladies of North London (Barnet/Finchley and surrounding areas) I would like to set up a monthly meet up for a meal out and/or cinema. I'm a 43 year old professional and I don't have any children (by circumstance). I enjoy swimming, gym, and travel (when funds allow!) I hope to get a nice group going.
North West Click to expand
Cheshire Click to expand
hi any one from the wirral or near wanting to meet for a coffee or drink be nice regards christine
South Wirral/Chester areas
Date: 21st Jan 2023
To all Chester & Ellesmere Port friends, <br />
Catch up Lunch in Chester - Sat 21st Jan 2023<br />
As I’ve been asked to organise another great Lunch in Chester (venue to be confirmed), please let me know directly on 07736375458 if you wish to attend the next one on Saturday 21st Jan 2023.<br />
I shall look forward to seeing you all again. <br />
All the best,<br />
Angela xx<br />
Group event - It would be great to get to know each other over easy going coffees, lunches & dinners:-) - Please get in touch if you would like to find out more!
Chester/ Ellesmere Port/ the Wirral
Date: 26th Mar 2022
Lunch at the Architects, Chester this Saturday has been cancelled. Hope to arrange another lunch soon. Contact me if interested.
Cumbria Click to expand
Langwathby, Penrith ca10 1na
Hi. I live in Cumbria UK and looking for females and other Couples to socialize with...It would be great to meet up for a Coffee and Chat and other shared interests ??
Lancashire Click to expand
Hi would anybody like to meet up for coffee, a walk.
Anybody interested in a get together either daytime or evening in Blackpool or Preston.
Anybody in and around Manchester/Stockport fancy a Meetup?
Merseyside Click to expand
I am new to this. Anyone in Wirral fancy a coffee & chat?
Anyone fancy an afternoon in Liverpool? Lunch and a few cocktails?
Scotland Click to expand
Perthshire Click to expand
Anyone free to meet for a chat - walk and maybe lunch or something? - in and around Stanley - Perth - PH1
I work in area and would be nice to meet and connect with others
Shout out - I'm working in Stanley -- Perth -- PH1 - anyone free to meet up for a chat and coffee and make my breaks exciting and fun?- I don't live in area - all be it not too far away
West Lothian Click to expand
Would anyone in the Livingston area be willing to form a group of ladies for social activities, coffee, walks and genuine friendship?
Please message me if interested.
Retired lady would like to meet friends for theatre, cinema coffee and trips away Edinburgh, West Lothian area
South East Click to expand
West Sussex Click to expand
Hi looking for local people who would like to go dancing Ceroc, salsa and lindy hop classes or free style at the weekends.<br />
Also other dog owners who would like to walk their dog in the country side at the week ends
Looking for friends who'd like to meet up for regular, short social walks (bookended with refreshments) in the Sussex countryside/South Downs and/or at National Trust and other Gardens. Based in Mid Sussex and around West/East Sussex/Brighton areas initially. Come and join in!
Group event - Join me for regular coffee/cake/chat sessions and local walks in Mid Sussex - sometimes further afield.
Let's create some new friendships!
Surrey Click to expand
Hi My Name Lorraine New to this site .<br />
Looking to make new friends . To go for walks Travel eating in or out cooking Opera.
Hi All my Name is Lorraine .And i looking to meet people around my age 59. For the opera swimming cooking having friends for lunch . walks and most thing in life .
Hi I live in Cobham, Surrey. Between Kingston and Guildford. I am very fit and active late seventies. Looking to make new friends interested in most things. Theatre, Walks, lunch coffee and chat. London trips. I especially would like to meet somebody similar age group ( I act more like I am 60) to join me on solos holidays. Maybe Riviera or One traveller this country or short flight trips. Not brave enough to go alone but desperately in need of holiday after events of last two years which included losing my husband. Hoping to her from somebody I can have a laugh with. Marian
Hi ladies, I'm 61 and looking to find new friends in and around the Guildford area. Although we can't meet in these difficult times at the moment I wonder if anyone fancies messaging and chatting that way with a view to eventually being able to meet for a walk, coffee or lunch. Take care and keep safe Lyn x
Buckinghamshire Click to expand
We are all living through difficult times just now, so not easy to meet up for coffee etc. This time of year can be quite lonely for some.
Is there anyone in South Bucks who might like to FaceTime chat or email with a view to possibly getting together once restrictions are lifted
Kindest regards. Jenny.
South West Click to expand
Dorset Click to expand
Looking for build good solid friendships. Time out, dog walking, lunches, going to the beach etc
Devon Click to expand
Hi. Is there anyone in Exeter that would like to meet up for a coffee or a dog walk.
Somerset Click to expand
Would love to arrange regular outings in the Clevedon and surrounding areas, brunches and lunches and all things delicious in between. If you are interested please let me know.
Anyone in Clevedon, N Somerset interested in meeting for a walk, sports activity, and/or coffee/drink in the pub?
Cornwall Click to expand
Hi looking to meet for coffee and chat in the West Cornwall area- St Ives, Penzance, Hayle. I don't drive but happy to travel locally. Be good to hear from you.
West Midlands Click to expand
West Midlands Click to expand
I'm a new member looking to meet friends.<br />
Anyone in the Brierley Hill/ Stourbridge area fancy meeting for a coffee please give me a shout
Ladies who'd be interesting in meeting up to go jogging/running/walking with.
Hi ladies. Have just joined up and looking for ladies to have regular lunches and casual days out. At some point would be nice to have some nights out maybe to cinema or theatre or just casual drinks. Still little cautious after lockdown but in time I'm hoping things might get little easier. If you feel this might be you feel free to send me message and hopefully we could soon start to have some fun.
Shropshire Click to expand
Does anyone near Telford fancy meeting up for coffee and a chat. Perhaps arrange other meetings and/ activities.
Worcestershire Click to expand
Tenbury Wells WR15 8HQ
Date: 24th Nov 2022
Would those members who are near Leominster Herefordshire like to meet for a morning coffee at<br />
Burford House and Garden Centre. It is a good place to meet with nice food and coffee and plenty of space. Meet just inside the restaurant. 11am.
Yorkshire and the Humber Click to expand
South Yorkshire Click to expand
Rotherham/Sheffield- group event going to the theatre or the cinema
Looking for friends based in our around Sheffield to share walks in The Peaks.
West Yorkshire Click to expand
Date: 8th Jan 2023
Hi all<br />
I have tickets to go watch the Ocean at the end of the lane at the Lowry, would anyone be interested in coming?
South Humberside Click to expand
Barton upon humber
Hi, I'm moving to Barton upon Humber in a few weeks, I don't know anyone there..so please read my profile and if it suits please do get in touch...cheers everyone.
North Humberside Click to expand
Hi, looking for ladies who go swimming with at during weekdays, trying to tone up. Could meet up. To do anything such as wine and chat, theatre, the outdoors, Days/ weekends away. I need to get out and socialise more, and have new experiences.
Hi, Would anybody like to meet up and just do whatever we fancy, drinks, lunches, evenings out, walking in the countryside, seaside even? I would like to lead a healthier outdoor lifestyle now after the year we’ve had. To start exploring new places and having new adventures. And if anyone likes swimming, it would be nice to go with someone. I will start up again when opened up.
Anyone around my area fancy meeting up and maybe arranging theatre trips? I do go solo but it would be nice to be able to chat about the play/musical/comedy etc. during the interval or at the end