Holiday tips for the single person
Silver Travel Advisor, Sally Dowling offers us a guest blog on travelling as a single person. If you are single it can be hard to find the right holiday for you. Here are some great suggestions from her on where to look for the ideal holiday.
My Top 5 Singles Holidays
Travelling on your own can be daunting or liberating depends on your point of view. As with most things in life, do it once and you wont look back. Here at Silver Traveller we are well aware that many of our members travel alone, through choice or circumstance, looking for adventure, relaxation and just to get a way from it all.
The secret is to choose the right travel company, and if you are over 50 our partner Saga Holidays have an award winning collection of experiences to tempt you.
1. Cruising is an obvious choice and has always attracted a large number of solo travellers. Saga feature smaller ships, offering a friendly and intimate atmosphere, where you will soon get to know your fellow passengers. The dreaded single supplement can be overcome as they also have a limited number of single cabins.
You can enjoy cocktail receptions at the start of your cruise where you meet like minded single people, singles' lunch parties, activities and shore excursions. Or if you appreciate your own company you can find a quiet corner to while away the nautical miles. http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/travel-product/travel-service-tour-operator-travel-provider/140054
2. A wildlife safari is on most peoples wish list and is a great option if you are travelling alone. Porini Camps in Kenya are award winning eco camps where guests travel independently but meet up on arrival. Camps are small and friendly with only 6-12 tents at each location. Unforgettable game drives are taken within exclusive conservancies, away from the mass tourism found in the National parks and reserves. At the end of the day guests gather around the campfire, swap stories and can make lasting friendships. www.porini.com
3. Activity Holidays if you like to get out and about in the beautiful British countryside then a walking holiday is just the ticket. HF Holidays are a long established company with many repeat guests. Their programme extends to holidays abroad, as well as at home, and their Solos Walking Itineraries means no sneaky single supplements.
4. Coach tours are an obvious choice and offer the chance to visit a number of places in one holiday. Shearings have convenient pick up points across the UK and have a selection of tours to suit all budgets. They have introduced a simple tool to search for last minute deals as a single traveller so that you dont miss the bargains:
5. For the young and young at heart, TrekAmerica can whisk you away to the USA for a real holiday of a lifetime. You travel alone and join a group on arrival, where your adventure begins, The USA never disappoints with experiences such as white water rafting, helicopter rides and horseback riding all taking place amongst awesome scenery.
So dont be daunted, as you wont be alone on a singles holiday unless of course, you want to be!
Sally Dowling is and award winning travel writer and Silver Travel Advisor with over 40 years travel experience. www.Silvertraveladvisor.com